Conscience and the Physician
The First Annual General Meeting of The Canadian Federation of Catholic Physicians’ Societies was held in Ottawa, Ontario and included the following speakers:
- Dr. John Haas, president of the National Catholic Bioethics Centre, named by Pope Benedict XVI to serve as an Ordinary Member of the Pontifical Academy for Life (PAV).
- Dr. Douglas Farrow, associate professor of Christian Thought at McGill University, where he teaches theology and ethics and works also on religion and public policy issues (www.mcgill.ca/prpp).
- Dr. François Pouliot, medical doctor and Roman Catholic priest. He is the chair of the Research Ethics Committee at the Centre Hospitalier Affilé Universitaire de Québec.
- Dr. Maria Kraw, staff endocrinologist at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto. She is the Bioethics coordinator for the Postgraduate Endocrine Training Program and an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto.
- Dr. Jose Pereira, the Head of Palliative Care at the University of Ottawa and Medical Chief of the Palliative programs at Bruyère and The Ottawa Hospital.
Proceedings Available from Justin Press
Click here to purchase the book “A Matter of Conscience” from Justin Press.