“Dave McCann” Student/Resident Scholarship
- The contest is open to medical students and residents.
- An essay of 750 – 1000 words should be submitted on some aspect of medical ethics that would be of interest to Catholic physicians. The essays can be written in either French or English.
- The winning entry will be awarded the cost of transportation to the annual meeting, as well as conference registration.
- Entries will be judged on quality of writing style, literacy, and ethical reasoning. In keeping with the character of Dr. McCann, for whom this award is named, an element of “feistiness” would be welcome.
- Entrants should provide a letter of good standing from their local Guild.
- The entries should be received no later than March 31, 2019.
- Entries will be judged by an awards committee, consisting of the past President, the President, and the Vice-President. Entries should be submitted by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, who will distribute them to the other members of the awards committee. The committee’s decisions are final.
- At the discretion of the awards committee, and if the scholarship fund allows, a second place award may be made, consisting of free conference registration.
- The winning entry may be published in the conference proceedings, at the discretion of the awards committee.
- As per the resolutions of the Federation’s 2012 meeting in Vancouver when the McCann scholarship was created, the scholarship fund will be sustained by an annual contribution of $100 from each active Guild in Canada. The fund will be managed by the Federation treasurer.
Please send submissions to: email@example.com